The lesson video keeps pausing or doesn't play correctly. Why?
Many factors can influence video playback, including some that pertain to your computer or device. If you’re not getting the best viewing experience, you might want to try these simple fixes.
- Check your bandwidth We recommend network speeds of 5 Mbps or higher in order to stream the lessons, but obviously the higher the better. You can use this speed test to get a general sense of your Internet speed during the time of the issue. Keep in mind that bandwidth can fluctuate, especially on Wifi or cellular networks. Lower speeds may require you to "buffer" and let the video download briefly before pressing play.
- Disable any browser extensions, plugins, or add ons Third party programs can sometimes cause issues during playback— including blocked video segments, dropped frames, buffering, etc. If you're having trouble, try disabling any active extensions one-by-one to find the culprit. You can also open your video within an incognito or private window of your browser for testing.
- Restart your router and modem - Resetting your router or modem can help to refresh your connection and improve playback performance. Try disconnecting the power cord and then reconnecting to perform a hard reboot.
- Update your browser software - Browser software is constantly being improved upon. Make sure you are using the latest version of your browser for peak performance. The latest version of each browser can be found here.
- Close excess browser tabs or applications - Keeping too many applications open can make everything run slower, including video playback. Especially on a mobile device, it’s easy to forget which apps are running. Make sure that you completely close or disable apps instead of just minimizing their windows.
- Clear your browser’s cache - Although this may sound simple, refreshing your cache can help with many different issues, including playback. Learn more here.
- Disable/Enable Hardware acceleration - Hardware acceleration makes resource-hungry operations run more efficiently, but sometimes doesn’t work well with older graphics cards. Try disabling or enabling this option within your browser settings.